Respect. Experience. Courage.
MEET AMY GALEY
Amy Galey is a working mom who gets the job done. Amy’s roots run deep in Alamance and Guilford counties – and she will fight for our values.
As a county commissioner, Amy is protecting the community from COVID-19 and helping small businesses and workers get back on their feet. She championed and passed the CARES Act, over $3 million, just for our community:
- Hazard pay for public health workers and first responders (full- and part-time EMS, emergency management, the Fire Marshal’s Office, and the Department of Social Services)
- Loans to local small businesses and nonprofits
- Funding to help run safe and secure elections this fall
- Expanding broadband to facilitate teaching, learning, and working remotely
- Support for law enforcement, maintaining detention facilities and protecting people there from the coronavirus